The Shelf Sea Biogeochemistry programme consists of five work packages:
- Work package 1 – Carbon and nutrient dynamics and fluxes over shelf systems (CANDYFLOSS)
- Work package 2 – Biogeochemistry, macronutrient and carbon cycling in the benthic layer
- Work package 3 – Supply of iron from shelf sediments to the ocean
- Work package 4 – Integrative modelling for Shelf Seas Biogeochemistry
- Work package 5 – 'Blue carbon'. How much carbon is stored in UK shelf seas, what influences storage and could it be used in carbon trading?
- Research studentships – a list of all the studentships awarded as part of the Shelf Sea Biogeochemistry programme, plus who is working on them where applicable